The awardees for the 2012 year are:
Senior Physician Award:
- Janet Bull, MD. Janet is the chief medical director and principal investigator of Four Seasons, a nonprofit hospice and palliative care organization in North Carolina. She is a role model for many palliative care clinicians thanks to her work that combines both clinical practice, research, and local and national leadership in hospice and palliative care.
- Michael Rabow, MD. Mike is a professor of clinical medicine at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF). In addition to being one of the nicest palliative care doctors I have ever met, Mike is one of the true visionaries in palliative care. Among his numerous accomplishments, Mike developed one of the first outpatient palliative care clinics in the US, the Symptom Management Service at UCSF Hellen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Care Center.
- Justin N. Baker, MD. Justin directs the Division of Palliative and End-of-Life Care and the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. He was recognized for his outstanding leadership and research in pediatric palliative care.
- Jason Morrow, MD, PhD. Jason is the Medical Director of inpatient palliative care at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Jason was recognized “for his advocacy in expanding palliative care services and his passion for educating medical students, residents, and other physicians in clinical practices and ethics.”
- Theresa A. Soriano, MD, MPH. Theresa runs the Mount Sinai Visiting Doctors Program at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. She is being recognized in part for her advocacy and leadership in caring for underserved patients and bringing primary and palliative care to those who are homebound.
by: Eric Widera