10. Like President Obama, he keeps his wardrobe streamlined so he can focus on what’s important.
9. He shares the dark chocolate in the fellows’ candy bowl.
8. His door is always open for career advice, teaching, venting, and laughing.
7. He rules the Geriatrics and Palliative Care Twittersphere. At AGS, we realized he is the closest we’ll ever get to meeting a celebrity.
6. He only made us do the #Thickenedliquidchallenge once.
5. He creates an upbeat environment through witty banter with his office doppelganger, @AlexSmithMD.
4. He actively seeks out our feedback to continuously improve the fellowship.
3. There’s an app for that: he shares his “GeriPal Depot,” the most extensive, organized collection of Geriatrics and Palliative Care PowerPoints and articles in the world.
2. He allows us the autonomy to shape our own learning.
1. He is a master communicator, clinician, and educator and inspires us to achieve his level of expertise.
Thank you, @EWidera, for an amazing year. We are honored to have begun our careers with you!
The 2014-15 Clinical Geriatrics Fellows (from left to right)
Claire Larson (@ClaireLarsonMD)
Allen Tong (@AKTongMD)
Daphne Lo (@Daphne_LoMD)
Stephanie Rogers (@SERogersMD)